Thursday, March 1, 2012

P.H. Rex Family Home

G. Rex Frazier, John Rex, Yara Rex, Bessie Frazier Sanborn, Ilene Andrus, Marleen Andrus, Irene Andrus, Jeff Rex, Judd Rex, Miller Andrus, Marilyn Andrus (need to double check with Bessie)

Randolph, Utah, (Rex, Bessie, Geraldine, Flora Lee, Susan)
1930's car (Bessie do you when this picture is and who?)


3 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I'm so grateful you are doing this, and invited me to the site. I love the pictures, some of them I don't remember seeing. Rex got pictures of the houses we used to live in. I asked him if he'd started writing his life story, he said he was going to ask you to do it. That was a good choice.
    Flora Lee and Geraldine's maiden name is Lamborn. Their mother is Aunt Flora, and she married Richard Lamborn. Interesting--Not to be confused with Richard Sanborn, but it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its me again. Tonight I'm enjoying the top picture in this section. The older Rex cousins on Grandpa and Grandma Aunt Mary's front porch. You'll notice I called Aunt Mary--Grandma Aunt Mary. Flora Lee and I concluded we'd do that because Aunt Mary certainly earned, and deserved to be called Grandma--even though she purportedly chose to be called Aunt Mary. She was our grandmother also--and she lived the role. Flora Lee's family all called her Grandma.

    Now, all of these wonderful people! I just love remembering being with them on that dear worn front porch. And Rex's tenderness with Geraldine sitting on the top step in the bottom picture. I remember when Mom and Aunt Flora got these matching bonnets for their daughters; Flora Lee and Susan. And that is probably Aunt Flora stooping down behind them to hold them upright in the chair.

    You can just feel how happy Mother was to have returned from Oakland and be able to live so near her sisters and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the picture with the car and family members near it was taken about 1940-41. The lady with the dark hat, and two "bow ends" on top of it, is probably Grandma Aunt Mary. She and Grandpa Rex were married in 1941. The lady next to her is probably Aunt Diana Haycock Rex (Uncle Harold's wife) and the lady in the skirt and blouse higher on the step is probably Aunt Winnie. I still love all of these pictures. Thanks again for fixing this site for Rex, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete