These are great pictures Rex. In our first home. Well, your first home too, just later. I love seeing that first Christmas tree with the icicles hung one by one. And our apartment. You must have just come home from the army for Christmas, or maybe your turn was over. Mom and Dad and Susan would have brought you up to see us. Our beautiful new Danish Modern living room suite. Mid-century vintage now. Sanborns gave it to us for our wedding. We traded the arm chair with a furniture dealer down town and got our first antique rocking chair. Richard just refinished it--again--for our anniversary this year.
Richard and I looked like a couple of kids. That makes sense. We were. Mom looks rather tired--know how that feels. You look fresh clean out of the Army, Rex. And beautiful Susan. Ever present Daddy. How I miss all of them. The road in winter looks like something up near Marion, Utah? Thanks to you and Bonnie for all of these pictures. Richard and I just enjoyed going through them. Love, Bessie
These are great pictures Rex. In our first home. Well, your first home too, just later. I love seeing that first Christmas tree with the icicles hung one by one. And our apartment. You must have just come home from the army for Christmas, or maybe your turn was over. Mom and Dad and Susan would have brought you up to see us. Our beautiful new Danish Modern living room suite. Mid-century vintage now. Sanborns gave it to us for our wedding. We traded the arm chair with a furniture dealer down town and got our first antique rocking chair. Richard just refinished it--again--for our anniversary this year.
ReplyDeleteRichard and I looked like a couple of kids. That makes sense. We were. Mom looks rather tired--know how that feels. You look fresh clean out of the Army, Rex. And beautiful Susan. Ever present Daddy. How I miss all of them. The road in winter looks like something up near Marion, Utah? Thanks to you and Bonnie for all of these pictures. Richard and I just enjoyed going through them. Love, Bessie
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEach of my comments posted twice. I must be loosing my abilities. Oops!
ReplyDelete