|
|
| Ford Ord Check-In, when we first arrived |
| Morning Calisthenics |
| Marching, training, classes, rifle classes |
| Barracks where we lived, behind the trees |
| The Parade Fields, the black portion |
| Wayne Gledhill, Leonard Going(?), Richard Jones, Jay Hershey |
| Church on base, Rex remembers one Sunday, They did not let them go to church, their were 2 RMs in the squad. |
| Jay Hershey with a Jellyfish, beach in Monteray, Callifornia |
| Soldier's Club, playing pool and playing cards (others drinking beer) |
| New Recruit that come into headquater's company, this is when I was the Clerk like Walter O'Reilly in MASH |
| Richard Jones |
| Me and the Pacific Ocean |
| Camp Baker, San Francisco |
| This is the plane headed home after 6 months. |
| Lake Tahoe |
| From the Plane ride home. |
What a wonderful record, Rex. Beautiful pictures. I loved reading your friends names. You all joined the reserves at the same time. Right out of high school as I recall. I know you were in training or whatever it was called in September 1961 when Richard and I were married because you weren't able to attend the festivities. You sent me a nice wood recipe box as a present that I still have filled with old used recipes. You bought it at the commissary. Isn't that where young service men spent their pay? The world was different then. Mother's didn't have as much to worry about when their sons were in the reserves in the 1960's. Unlike today.
ReplyDeleteAgain I was pleased to see your new pictures this morning. Thank you Bonnie for this great history blog.
Rex I hope you and Barbara are having a happy vacation in Hawaii. Its what retired people are suppose to do. I look forward to laughing over lunch with you again soon.
Love, Bessie